SAFE Guilford was founded in 2001 by Moses Cone Health System, The Guilford County Department of Public Health and Guilford Health Partnership (now Guilford County Healthy Carolinians). The program is based in the Trauma Department at Moses Cone Hospital, but requires the work of many coalition members and volunteers to achieve its goals. SAFE Guilford is the lead organization of Safe Kids Guilford County and coordinates the Guilford County Falls Prevention Coalition in conjunction with the Piedmont Triad Area Agency on Aging.
Vision: Safe people, safe communities
Mission: Collaborating to prevent injuries and deaths through the identification, education and promotion of safety issues.
- Identify safety and injury-related priorities and priority populations based on community assets and needs assessments;
- Develop, implement and evaluate best practice interventions in partnership with the community;
- Encourage active representation in Safe Guilford/ Safe Kids Guilford County from all facets of Guilford County;
- Promote public awareness of Safe Guilford, Safe Kids Guilford County and injury prevention through media, social marketing and reports to the community;
- Advocate for injury prevention;
- Secure the resources and community support necessary to fund and enable the ongoing work of Safe Guilford/ Safe Kids Guilford County.
- Bike & Wheeled Sport Safety
- Child Passenger Safety
- Fall Prevention
- Pedestrian Safety